Some people make a choice of the paint protection as the most effective way to remove the risk of the rust on their car; however, not all people can know this method. They usually feel tired of the rust on their car in on the day and they have to spend a great deal of money on paying for the stores to recover its appearance. Other people may think about the paint protection, but they do not how to do, and where to buy. Today, we will provide you more information about this effective method.
1. Buying paint
To be honest, repairing the rust is just a piece of cake. Although this method is very beneficial for the car owner, but they have to spend a lot of time to wait for the paint and primer to dry before carrying out the next steps. This process does not cost you a large amount of money, but you need to have a good preparation for the supplies such as the sandpaper, masking tape, tack rag, poly sheeting, primer, and touch up paint, clear coat and polishing compound. You need to stay at home and spend all day to do this task.
It is easy for you to make a choice of the paint and the supplies in the market, but you should be aware of its quality before purchasing. It is very important for you to choose the perfect color match. If possible, you should look for the vehicle manufacturers to ask for the paint code. If you cannot go to the manufacturer directly, you also can log into the official websites of these manufacturers and search the necessary information.
In this day and time, most vehicles are painted with the clear coat paint or the base coat paint. The base coat consists of the binding resins and the pigment while the clear coat includes the gloss. Besides, you also need to measure the equal amount of these paints.
For the supplies, you should make a payment for 40 grit sandpaper, 600 grit sanding block, and 1.000 greases. Apart from these supplies, you also need the wax remover, painter’s tape, microfiber cloth, tack rag and the poly sheeting.
To put an end to the rust on a car, there are a few steps that you need to carry out carefully as follows:
- Masking the vehicle: You need to take the use of the poly sheeting to keep your vehicle from the adverse effect of the paint overspray.
- Removing the rust: You have to sand throughout the rusty position and take it to bare metal. After that, you need to enlarge the sanded area by switching 120 grit sandpapers to feather repair area’s edges and finishing with 220 grit of feathering.
- Applying the epoxy primer: After removing the rust, you need to spray the filler primer in a heavy coat to cover the whole repair area.
- Applying the colored base coat: Another step you need to take is to apply the colored base coat. You should start at the bottom and apply from the left to the right. Wait for about 5 minutes!
- Spraying the clear coat: The last step is to spray the clear coat. It is better for you to spray some coat layer and wait for it drying between coats.
Here are some suggestions for you to repair the rust. Wish that this sharing can help you have the basic knowledge to do this task without the help of other people. Hopefully, in the near future, you can apply it successfully